Lat summer, I researched a couple things and they made my life better. Why not share it?
Feel free to add to this list, I’m sure there are those who are an expert at this stuff.
Emergency pimple that you need to get rid of ASAP
1) Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar. It’s recommended that you dilute your apple cider vinegar if your skin is sensitive.
2) Hold the soaked cotton ball onto pimples GENTLY (don’t press hard) for at least 5 minutes!
3) Dab apple cider vinegar on your pimples through out the day.
4) Let the apple cider dry.
Results: By nighttime or the next day, your pimple should shrink or disappear provided you persistently dabbed it repeatedly
Mix olive oil, honey, lemon juice and sugar together in a bowl. Once a week, rub this scrub on your face in circular motion. It makes your skin very soft and exfoliates it.
For longer, thicker eyelashes
Apply vaseline on your eyelashes before you sleep. You can also use a clean mascara brush and dip it in some almond, olive or coconut oil and apply it on your eyelashes.
To get rid of dark elbows and knees
Use a lemon and squeeze it until you get the juice out. Use cotton balls to soak them in the lemon juice and then apply all over your knees and elbows. Leave them it on for a couple minures, then using a warm washcloth scrub it off.
For baby smooth skin
Use 2 teaspoons of yogurt, 1 teaspoon of milk and honey, 3 teaspoons of flour and mix all together and apply on your face. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off.
For lighter skin
Wanna get rid of that summer tan ? Squeeze lemon juice again but remember to dilute it. Never put direct lemon juice onto your face. Mix this with some sugar. Use it as a scrub. Leave it on your face for no more than 5 minutes. The same can be done for your body.
For silky hair
Apply olive oil/coconut oil to your hair. Make sure you get it deep into those roots. Leave on for 30 minutes up to 1 hour and wash it off with shampoo and conditioner
For whiter teeth
Sprinkle some baking soda on your toothbrush and brush using gentle, circular motions. I’d watch out if you had gum sensitivity though. Old wives’ recipes often state that a paste of baking powder, a little salt, and a few drops of white vinegar, works effectively.
For cleaner nails
Just scrub your nails with a loofah and use a toothpick to take out dirt.
When I first started University I was so excited to start being more independent! Had absolutely everything planned out! Until I got there and had to do my first food shop.
But, what should I buy?!
If you’re the same, or if you just want some advice on what your fridge should be stocked with to ensure you stay away from the notorious ready meal then read ahead! I’ve tried to keep it as clean/healthy as possible but it’s totally adaptable to whatever you want/need :)
Fruit and veggies:
- Berries (frozen berries are cheaper than fresh!)
- Lemons (great as condiments or sliced up in hot water, too)
- Grapes (Try freezing them as a summer snack, too!)
- Onions (I always have onions in my cupboard!)
Basically any fruit or veg you like that’s in season! Click here for a great info sheet about when food is in what season!
- Cottage Cheese
- Nuts and nut butters
- Almond Milk
Grains and ‘good carbs’
- Brown rice
- Brown rice
- Wild rice
- Sweet potato
Any bread you want, make sure it’s brown/wholemeal at least. Ezekiel bread is also great
Fats and oils
- Sunflower seeds
- All natural nut butters (no sugar and no added salt)
- Coconut oil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
Dairy and non-dairy alternatives
(If you eat dairy, obviously)
- Greek yoghurt
- Semi-skimmed/skimmed milk
- Cottage cheese
- Organic yoghurt
- Almond milk
- Soy milk
- Oat milk
- Rice milk
- Black beans
- Chick peas
- Peanuts/peanut butter (yep, peanuts are technically a legume!)
Condiments and seasonings
- Tabasco sauce
- Low salt soy sauce
- Raw honey
- Apple cider vinegar
- Mixed dried herbs
- Freeze-dried basil
- Lazy garlic
- Flour (any type you like)
- Canned beans
- Canned tomatoes
- Oxo cubes
- Canned sweetcorn
Other general tips about shopping
- Keep an extra loaf of bread in the freezer just in case
- Keep a spare pint of milk in the freezer just in case
- Start a weekly food planner to make sure you’re eating healthily and saving money on your food shop
- If you’re having leftovers, it’s best not to re-heat pork, bacon or shellfish
- If you’re not vegan/veggie, buy a whole chicken and cook it. You can use the meat for several meals such as sandwiches, curries, risottos, baked potatoes, salads etc.
- Click here for a bunch of posts dedicated to help you with your shopping lists!
Part of my Student Survival Guide
*Do not remove captions*I found some good links where you can find a variety of helpful tips ♥
Check out this links.BEAUTY TIPS
O M G. This celebrity workout tips is really good, better try it
smoky eyes is the best omg, prom night!
I love this fashion tips from gossip girl
°°° Wow. such an amazing tips. these are so helpful. bless this post°°°°
Write about a character who spends their time seeking to escape from the real world. Are they simply bored of the routine, or do they seek to get away from their sorrow? And, above all, what would this character do if they found a strange door that lead to a place far, far, away?
If you enjoy makeup—Check it out
(It’s short but it’s my first masterpost. Thank you)
- Foundation 101
- Color correcting, concealing etc.
- Contouring, Blush etc
- Another foundation and concealing routine
- How to use bronzer for pale skin
- A pop of color
Orwell, George. “Politics and the English Language.”